On the bags, ready, iron away – Recyclable your own plastic bags!
We all hear and read about plastic waste almost every day. There is too much of it in our environment, especially in the oceans, and it causes a great deal of damage.
A large proportion of the plastics we produce is directly linked to our consumption: Products we buy are packaged in plastics, we transport our purchases in it, we pay for it, and yet in the end we simply throw the valuable raw material away. It has become a business to process or recycle plastics into new raw materials or to burn plastics to generate energy.
In this workshop you will learn interesting facts and backgrounds about plastics and you will produce a new product by recycling your own plastic bags. This can be a Coin Pouch, Pen Case, Glasses Case, your own Sandwich Wrapper or any other product you happen to think of during the workshop. After this unique experience you are invited to discover the People’s Factory over coffee, hot chocolate and a piece of homemade pastry.
Activities during the workshop:
- Introduction to plastics as a valuable material – you will learn about interesting facts and background information about plastics.
- On the bags, ready, iron away – ironed plastic bags are the material of which our two products are made.
- A new product is created – a laser cutter helps cutting, our hands or a sewing machine help sewing the pieces together.
- Celebrate our success – We treat ourselves with coffee/cocoa and freshly baked muffins.
- Bring a sufficient number of coloured plastic bags. If you don’t find any, just ask your friends, family or neighbours
- If you want to produce the sandwich wrapper, please bring a used coloured shirt or tea towel. Both should be made of cotton and washed.
- Unfortunately, children up to the age of 12 can only participate when accompanied by an adult. The duo produces one product counts as one participant. If both would like to produce their own product, both are counted as individual participants.
In the price included are the machine use, material, coaching, drinks & snacks.
The workshop will last for about 4 – 5 hours.
The number of participants is limited to 6 people. The workshop will take place when 4 people have registered.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]